Tel: Tel: +977-11-415100 Ext.1105 (Off.)
Mobile no. 9851049174
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. (Civil Engineering), Kathmandu University (2014)
- M.Sc. Structural Engineering, Institute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University (2000)
- B.E. Civil Engineering, Punjab Engineering College, Panjab University (1991)
Associate Professor and Head of the Department, DCE
Infilled Masonry Frames, Structural Dynamics, Earthquake Resistant Design, Retrofitting of structures
- Pradhan, P.M, “Retrofitting Reinforced Concrete Frame“. Department of Civil & Geomatics Engineering, Kathmandu University 21 June, 2015
- Jebadurai, S.V.S, Tensing, D., Pradhan, P.M, Hemalatha, G., “Enhancing performance of infill masonry with latex modified mortar subjected to cyclic load.”, Vol. 23, pp. 551-557, Structures, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2019.11.001, (Feb. 2020).
- Bhatt, M.R, Pradhan, P.M, “Behaviour of Stone Masonry Buildings at Ramechhap District During 2015 Gorkha Earthquake: A Case Study.”, Kerpic’19 – Earthen Heritage, New Technology, Management 7th International Conference Köycegiz, Muğla Turkey, 05-07, September 2019, https://bit.ly/36YJXJg
- Ansari, K., Gyawali, P., Pradhan, P.M., Park, K.D., “Coordinate transformation parameters in Nepal by using neural network and SVD methods.”, Vol. 9, No. 1, Pages 22–28, Journal of Geodetic Science, ISSN (Online) 2081-9943, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/jogs-2019-0003. (August 2019)
- Bhatt, M.R, Pradhan, P.M, Jha, S. “Study on the Effect of Mass and Stiffness Irregularities on Fundamental Period of Infilled RC Framed Buildings.” 2nd International Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Post Disaster Reconstruction Planning, Khowpa Engineering College & Khwopa College of Engineering, Bhaktapur, Nepal, 25 – 27 April, 2019
- Kozubal, J.W., Bhat, D.R., Pradhan, P. M., “LOAD BEARING CAPACITY OF LATERAL LOADED PILES IN WATERED CARPATHIAN FLYSCH “, Vol. 63, No. 4, pp. 947-962, Archives of Mining Sciences, Poland, DOI 10.24425/ams.2018.124986, (Dec. 2018)
- Phaiju, S., Pradhan, P. M., “EXPERIMENTAL WORK FOR MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF BRICK AND MASONRY PANEL“, Vol. 5, pp. 51-57, Journal of Science & Engineering, Khwopa Engineering College, (Aug.2018).
- Pradhan, P.M., Timalsina, S.P., Bhatt, M.R., “Determination of Shear Strength of Bamboo Panel”, 6th International Conference on kerpiç’18 “Back to earthen architecture: industrialized, injected, rammed, stabilized”, 1-2 June 2018, Gaziantep, Turkey.
- Adhikary, N., Pradhan, P.M., “Earth and Bamboo: Experience from Nepal”, 6th International Conference on kerpiç’18 “Back to earthen architecture: industrialized, injected, rammed, stabilized”, 1-2 June 2018, Gaziantep, Turkey.
- Bhatt, M.R., Pradhan, P.M., Jha, S., “Study On the Effect of Soft Storey on Infill RC Frames under Seismic Effect“, Kathmandu University Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN 1816- 8752 , Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 79-91, December, 2017.
- H. Rodrigues, P. M. Pradhan, A. Furtado, P. Rocha, N. Vila-Pouca, “Structural Repair and Strengthening of RC Elements with Concrete Jacketing“, Book Chapter, pp. 181-198, Published in: Strengthening and Retrofitting of Existing Structures, Springer Professional, DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-5858-5_8 (October 2017)
- Pradhan, P.M., Maskey, R.K., Pradhan, P.L. “Experimental Study of Partially Infilled Reinforced Concrete Frame Under Lateral Loading”, Advanced Engineering Forum, Vol. 21, Trans Tech Publications Ltd., Switzerland, 1 March, 2017
- Bhatt, M.R. & Pradhan, P.M., “Nature of A Building Vibration under SDOF Systems in Dynamics and Reflection of MDOF as a SDOF System”, Civil Engineering Voice, An Annual Magazine, Publication of Civil Engineering Students’s Society (CESS-Nepal) of IOE, Purwanchal Campus, Dharan, Nepal, Vol.2, 2016.
- Pradhan, P.M.“Earthquake Safety Awareness In Nepal”: Global And Local Perspectives On Earthquake Disaster Risk Reduction”, Journal of Perspectives on Development Policy in the Greater Mekong Region, Vol. 4, No. 1, International College of Mekong Region, Chiang Rai Rajabhat University, Thailand, January, 2016.
- Pradhan, P.M., Adhikari, R., Aryal. A., Dangal, A., Ghale, D.R., Pandey, S., Rai, P., “Retrofitting Design of Kathmandu University Staff Quarter (Block#32 A) after Gorkha Earthquake 2015” Proceedings (ISSN 2505-0737), International Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Post Disaster Reconstruction Planning (ICEE-PDRP 2016) 24-26 April 2016, Bhaktapur, Nepal.
- Pradhan, P.M., Adhikari, R., Dahal, A., Shrestha, A., Subedi, D.L., Thapa, S., Kharel, Pratiksha, “Retrofitting Design of Kathmandu University Library Building after Gorkha Earthquake 2015″, Lowland Technology International, IALT, Japan, Special Issue, June 2016.
Pradhan, P.M., Adhikari, R., and Bhat, D.R., “Assessment of Buildings after Gorkha-Earthquake-2015: A Case Study of Central Buildings of Kathmandu University, Nepal“, Kathmandu University Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN 1816- 8752 , Vol. 11, No. 2, December, 2015.
- Pradhan, P.M, Maskey, R.K. and Pradhan, P.L., “Stiffness Behavior and Shear Effect in Partially Infilled Reinforced Concrete Frames“, Journal of Earthquake Engineering,Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 580-588, Taylor and Francis,UK. 2014.
- Pradhan, P.M., Maskey, R.K. and Pradhan, P.L., “Composite Behavior of Masonry Partially Iinfilled Reinforced Concrete Frames“, Building Research Journal, Slovakia, Vol. 60, No. 1-2, pp. 51-60, 2012.
- Pradhan, P.M., “Equivalent Strut Width for Partial Infilled Frames“, Journal of Civil Engineering Research, Scientific & Academic Publishing, USA, Vol.2, No. 5, pp. 42-48, 2012.
- Pradhan, P.M., Pradhan, P.L. and Maskey, R.K., “Lateral Resistance of Partial Infilled Masonry Wall in Concrete Frame Structures“, Building Research Journal, AEPress, Slovakia, Vol. 58, No. 4, pp. 209-220, 2010.
- Pradhan, P.M., “Contributions of floor slab in reinforced concrete frame structures, Frame-slab interaction behaviors against various loading conditions”, Lap Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, ISBN: 978-3-659-14266-6, Deutschland, 2012.
Pradhan, P.M., Pradhan, P.L., and Maskey, R.K., “A Review on Partial Infill Frames under Lateral Loads“, Kathmandu University Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN 1816- 8752 , Vol. 8, No. 1, FEBRUARY, 2012.
Pradhan, P.M., “Retrofitting Masonry Structures” Scitech Nepal, Scientific and Technical Journal, Nepal Engineering College, Changunarayan,Vol.11, No.1, Dec. 2007.
Pradhan, P.M., “Tips on Building Construction” Limelight, , Technical Journal, Bhaktapur students of Institute of Engineering, Vol.4, No.1, 2007.
Contributor For the Tutorial “At Risk: The Seismic Performance of Reinforced Concrete Frame Buildings with Masonry Infill Walls” , First Edition, Nov. 2006; A Tutorial Developed by a committee of the World Housing Encyclopedia; a project of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute and the International Association for Earthquake Engineering, Publication Number WHE-2006-03.
Pradhan, P.M., “Earthquake Safety Awareness In Nepal: Obstacles And Remedies” Scitech Nepal, Scientific and Technical Journal, Publication of Nepal Engineering College, Changunarayan, Vol.10, No.1, Dec. 2006.
Pradhan, P.M., “Some Modifications in IS 1893:2002 for Safety Enhancements” , Prabidhi, Diploma Engineers’ Association, Nepal (DEAN), Vol. 4, No.4, 2006.
Pradhan, P.M, “Locating Earthquake Epicenter” , Prabidhi, Diploma Engineers’ Association, Nepal (DEAN), Vol.3, No.3, 2005.
Pradhan, P.M., “Hoarding Boards and Antennas; Ambushes” Prabidhi, Diploma Engineers’ Association, Nepal (DEAN),Vol.1, No.1, 2003.
Pradhan, P.M., “Uses and Misuses of Concrete in Reinforced Cement Concrete Structures” , Spectrum Vol. 1, Issue 2, March 2001, Engineer’s Journal, Kathmandu University (KU).
- Pradhan, P.M., “Contributions of Floor Slab in Reinforced Concrete Frame Structures” , M.Sc. Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, IOE, Pulchowk Campus, Tribhuvan University, Dec. 2000.
Editorials and reviewer:
- American Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Global Journals Inc. (GJRE)
- Engineering Structures: Elsevier
- Journal of Civil Engineering and Construction Technology
- Earthquakes and Structures
- Frontiers in Built Environment: Earthquake Engineering
- Innovative Infrastructure Solutions, Springer Open
- Editorial Board Member of Sustainable Buildings Journal, EDP Sciences
- Engineering Structures and Mechanics
- Editorial Board Member of Lowland Technology International
- Construction and Building Materials
- Structural Engineering International
TECHNICAL EDITOR: Kathmandu University Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology (KUSET)